2nd Edition (current)
1st Edition in Chinese
Head and Neck Pathology:
A Volume in Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series
Lester D.R. Thompson, MD
BOTH English editions of this book have won awards the prestigious British Medical Association Medical Book Competition!
The 2nd Edition won FIRST PRIZE in the Pathology category in 2012.
The 1st Edition was COMMENDED in the Basic and Clinical Sciences category in 2007.
Part of the popular Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series, Head and Neck Pathology delivers vital diagnostic guidance in a compact, high-yield format. Concise and easy to use, this pathology reference offers a practical, well-organized approach to evaluating a wide range of specimens in both head and neck and related endocrine pathology.
• Easily review normal histology before examining abnormal findings so you can avoid false positives.
• Reach accurate diagnostic conclusions easily with a consistent, user-friendly format that explores each entity’s clinical features, pathologic features (gross and microscopic), ancillary studies, differential diagnoses, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations.
• Apply the latest diagnostic criteria for all of the most commonly seen tic and non-neoplastic conditions of the larynx, hypopharynx, and trachea; nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, and nasopharynx; oral cavity and oropharynx; salivary glands; ear; and temporal bone.
• Gain a superb visual understanding of important histologic features with hundreds of full-color illustrations representing a wide variety of pathologic lesions.
• Quickly reference key information with convenient, at-a-glance clinical and pathologic boxes throughout.
• Get concise, complete coverage of both head and neck pathology and related endocrine pathology (including salivary, thyroid, and thymus diseases and disorders) – all in one convenient book.
• Access the entire book online at www.expertconsult.com, with a downloadable image bank, references linked to PubMed, and the ability to search across the entire Expert Consult library.
The Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series answers the call for fresh, affordable, and easy-to-use guidance. Each region-specific volume provides all of the most essential information on the pathologic entities encountered in practice.
Learn today’s most essential head and neck pathology know-how in a compact, high-yield format!
British Medical Association Awards 2007
“A beautifully illustrated and produced books: good value for the size and production standards.”
Otology & Neurotology, Vol 27, No 8, December 2006
“Recommended for residents and practicing otolaryngologists alike. Excellent, high-quality photomicrographs and clinical correlations for the clinician.”
Reviewed by Tim Helliwell, MD
Department of Pathology
Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool
on behalf of The Royal College of Pathologists
“This book, one of the latest additions to the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series, provides a comprehensive account of the rich variety of diseases that affect the head and neck region.
The contributing authors are well-known practicing histopathologists who are able to convey their wealth of practical experience throughout the pages of this book.The chapters are organised into non-neoplastic, benign and malignant diseases affecting the principle anatomical sites of the head and neck.
The book has a remarkably clear layout and is superbly illustrated. The textual content is aimed at both trainee and qualified histopathologists and provides sufficient detail to help in the diagnosis of most of the conditions encountered in routine practice.Trainees will appreciate, as aides to revision, the short fact sheets that list the key clinical and pathological features of each condition and trainers may find these useful as reminders of the key features to mention when teaching.
Overall, the book is a pleasure to read and to use in routine diagnostic work. It will be a useful addition to the shelves of all departmental reporting rooms and consultants offices.”